Thursday, June 26, 2014

6/23/14 | YOLIMO


Good Day! 

This week has been a blurry kind of thing. Both Sister Suckow and I had these weird hazy colds that mostly just impaired our minds and bodies but not our spirits!!  yay! 
Tuesday started out as a normal day...until this happened 

Not to worry though--we weren't in the car when it happened. We had just taught Linda-the ex-communicated lady that is getting so close to re-baptism! She called us this morning to tell us she is on Alma chapter 50, last time we saw her she was on Alma 27 or something! She's doing so good! Anyways, we left her lesson and it was Lunch time. We were on our way home to eat and we stopped at the latino market to get some tang. (Remember when I brought all that YUMMIEST tang home from Costa Rica?! Well they sell it here and it is sooooo tasty! I got Pineapple Guava in case you were wondering :)) So when we came out to the parking lot...we couldn't remember where we parked so we were looking around for it, we both saw it at the same time. My jaw dropped and Sister Suckow exclaimed, "Are you kidding me?!" (Her frustration comes from 1: She has road rage issues 2: She had just put a pretty nice dent in the car the week prior by hitting a Philly sized curb in a parking lot. 3:That means she had to fill out 2 accident reports...those aren't fun but she has to do them because she is the designated driver 4: our car is brand new...
So that's probably all running through her head as we walk to our car. I got the phone out to call the Car Czar, Elder Jones, cause that's protocol. Luckily the lady that hit us was still there. It looks like she went to pull into our spot and didn't know our car was there...didn't even brake. Unfortunately the woman only spoke Spanish but a couple guys that saw it happen came over to help us out and translate. After a few hours we got it all sorted out and paperwork filled out. From there we headed to Macco to get an estimate...Just about 9,000 worth in damage for both of the accidents. No bueno. After all the paperwork goes through we'll find out if Sister Suckow gets red-dotted (that means she's not allowed to drive anymore). 
So that all happened. Then the rest of the week we did our best to work through the sick. We were in with fevers one day and migraines another. But all is well! We all know what sickness equals...a little bit of crafting: 

because crafting makes me happy when we can't go out and do happier things like missionary work. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it though, any suggestions? I'll probably make a facebook post out of it then send it to my mummsie because she likes stuff like this :) and I like her! 

Anyways, now I'm just going to talk about this book: 
I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! Not only is it a pretty good read but it's all about how to get back to Heavenly Father! I got a letter from Annelise Burr last week (I wrote you back today darling!) and she talked about that one time we were all at the Ashton's cabin back in 2010, right after I graduated. I was desperately trying to finish my personal progress so I locked myself into the bedroom and read the entire Book of Mormon in 2 days; That was the very first time I read it cover to cover. She told me that I set an example of dedication and determination for her that weekend. I had no idea but I am so grateful for her little reminder that I still have that dedication and determination in me! When missionaries get sick, Satan uses that time to try to make us feel discouraged, Annelise--Your letter came to me right at the perfect time. I know you were inspired to write me last week so thank you for acting on that prompting. I've been able to read and re-read the Book several more times since being on my mission and I hope I will be able to read it at least 1000 more times before I return home to our Father in Heaven because that's what this life is all about; reading that book...ok and living all of its teachings, keeping our covenants, learning and doing all the good we possibly can and having JOY! I think it's a pretty good plan don't you? 
I got to study spiritual gifts this morning and that was pretty good. I'm fascinated every time I find the spiritual proof that the Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants and Bible are all the exact word of God. I was reading in 1 Corinthians 13, Moroni 10 and D&C 46 (sorry if I got any of the references wrong) and they are all alike in their teachings but all add to each other in increased understanding. From there I studied a couple really good talks called "An outpouring of blessings" by Sister Beck and "Gifts of the Spirit" by Elder Cullimore. Both good. Go read 'em. 
I love it here. The ward is perfect. I've decided we are going to turn into a ward fit for Clayton M. Christensen's next book about missionary work. With the boundary changes we've got plenty of seats to fill in the chapel and I know the Lord trust's the Reading 1st ward to fill them. I'm excited I get to be a part of their work. 
Happy Summer! It's getting reallllll hot here reallllll fast! But I'm a H2Oholic so I probably won't get a heat stroke anytime soon. 

Love Yous!,

Sister Bailey 
YOLIMO = you only live in mortality once 

No comments:

Post a Comment