Tuesday, November 5, 2013

11/4/13

Hello my family!
I am super happy this day! Wanna hear a happy story? ok We were at K___ and A____'s--Whoa hold up cause guess what! K___ and A___ came to church on sunday! yayyyyyy---k we were at their house last night and first of all they gave us apples, anyone that gives me apples is favorite in my book, Then we went into the other room to have spiritual time (away from the TV and hooligans that live with them...hooligans being A___'s kids, They don't want to have anything to do with the gospel but the a few weeks ago, Amor (A___'s son, senior in high school) was sitting on the couch listening to all that we were saying super intently, we were talking about the plan of salvation. We are just having a real good discussion and he says out of nowhere (cause he was trying too look like he didn't care and wasn't listening but I knew he was) "So are you trying to say, that we lived with God before we were here?!" exactly. anyways, the point of that was to show you that he is taking baby steps to the gospel...really tiny tiny steps) So we are in the other room and we are teaching about keeping the laws of the land (which is exciting in and of itself because that means she has had all of the other lessons and is ready for baptism) and we had pretty much said as much as we could on the subject ("um obey the laws of the land ok?") and Sister B turned to me and did that thing where she stares at you because she is done and wants you to say something. So then I'm like I don't have anything else to say about this other than just do it probably, (those thoughts weren't audible) and then the spirit prompted me to just testify on what I had been studying and contemplating lately, which was our pre mortal life and who we were, what talents and abilities we have forgotten on coming to earth, how we can remember and re develop them etc. So I just turned to K___ and testified of those things and how I know that I have found some of those things for my self just since being on my mission and that I know that there are so many more things I am still working on, That she has many talents and abilities that she needs to remember to help others and the Lord here on earth. I said a bunch of other stuff and kinda just ended with telling her how much we love and care about her. Her response to that was (after thank you) how much she noticed how we "light up" when we are teaching/testifying and she can see that we really so love her. that we are not just in it for the baptisms and she really loved us. She recounted the many many missionaries that have taught her and told us that most were missing that when they taught. Which is so sad to me! Then A___ said that he's not afraid to kick people out of his house (which he's done to missionaries they didn't like in the past) Which is his way of saying that he likes us too. :) Hearing that from K___ was such a validation to what we are doing out her! It made us feel so good and like we really are doing something right. Cause out here in the mission field that's something you wonder quite often, am I doing this right? are my efforts enough? what can I do better? and on and on.
Now lets talk about my favorite family in Pennsylvania; The L____s. I think I've talked about them before (M___ and T__?) So this weekend M___ was the only one home so she called us and made us come over for lunch (not too hard of a battle when the alternative was eating...nothing)--Can I have a side note please: M___ IS the funniest person I've met out here! She is straight up the Jim Carey Grinch! I LOVE HER! and I have found the one and only dog I truly love. Her name is Bambalina and she is so so cute, she sits on my lap when I'm at their house and I don't even hate it! She is so nice and I'll be sure to send you a pic some time. Mom, you could even like her!---Moving on. We were at her house for lunch and she was telling about how obsessed her family is with B2 (thats b squared, thats what they call us). B___ even asked if we could come for Thanksgiving! ha! Last night M___ texted us saying that H____was on her way to the hospital in an ambulance. She was having a diabetic episode. no bueno. so we made a few quick phone calls and worked with some schedules to get some priesthood holders to the hospital for a blessing. And we did it. :) M___ told us that hannah was lucid for the blessing and was very grateful. She is totally out now though, last time we checked she was in a coma while her organs worked overtime. She has infections in her liver and kidneys i think. I do think that this might be a good way for them to come closer to christ though.
On a happier note, our heater works :) Also note to any and everyone that is reading this: if you are ever cold, Tell Sara Jo. She will send you a polar bear blanket...like a blanket straight up made out of baby polar bear fur! This is not a joke. So I've been sleeping cozyyyyy goodness :) But Sis B tells me I'm still talking in my sleep...I'm working on it. I guess if it doesn't wake me up its not a problem right? ha sorry bad joke.
Oh Halloween was this week huh? How was yours? I waited all week to see Tiny B in a strawberry suit! but then I saw the pictures and felt sad...cause it looks like she hates it. or she just forgot how to smile since I left...probably. She is super cute though :)
Ohhhh get ready for this cause I'm going to tell you about Sister B____. This woman is so so so funny and she cooks like Aunt Natalie (thanks for all the emails! Hope you're having fun in NY!) you know, were she adds a little of this and a little of that and oh boy theres the best meal you've ever had. I like to call it spiritual cooking. It's this thing where you let the spirit guide you while you cook. And she reminds me so much of my (favorite) Aunt Sue! She is just wonderful! She had us and the Elders over for halloween and guess what. She invited 4 non member friends! yaya thats so good! Thats called an IBM, which stands for something that means a potential investigator introduced to the missionaries by a member....Its a key indicator in our mission...but you don't know what that means.  Oh well, just know its a thing..or ask an RM.
There are just so many people I wish I could tell you about! But I'm going to talk about me now cause you love me. I'm good :) I love you family and I love getting mail from you :) Dad I read your email before writing and loved it a million! It made me happy cry. Which isn't really a thing i do. Pennsylvania just gets more and more beautiful as fall goes on. it is more beautiful than words can describe. You'll just have to come see it. oh my I almost forgot to tell you about apple cider doughnuts. weather they are doughnuts made out of apple cider or doughnuts made specifically for the intended consumption companionship of the doughnut and the apple cider is still a mystery. But that not important, They are too good to be true!!!!!! Oh my so good!
Love you love you!

byeee

P.S.
I forgot to tell y'all some exciting newssss. Come December,  Every Missionary will get an iPad and every companionship will be getting an iPhone :) yay!

Have I told you that Kennett Square is the mushroom Capitol of the world!? totally awesome weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment