Monday, November 24, 2014

11/24/14 | Happy Birthday Jenna!!!!! (and happy thanksgiving too ;))

My sister is the oldest sister I have! HB to you sis! (I put this at the beginning because you are the most important item of business) 

We had another incredible week in the PPM. We found 3 new investigators!!! Listen to this:

Pam White: 
I got a facebook message from Sister Baluyot (I have no idea how to say her name either) saying that she has an investigator in Jersey who has a friend that is interested in meeting with us. YA! So we went to contact her but she was really busy so we set up an appointment to come back. When we came back she was so happy that we were there (even though she had forgotten about our appointment). As we started the lesson with some HTBT, she was interested in hearing our message but made it clear that she was baptist and not interested in changing religions or anything. We said ok and continued to share. The lesson went great, sister cost is already a really great teacher!!! As part of her 12 week training she is required to invite someone to be baptized. Before we went into the lesson I told her that this was it :). And she did it!! She invited her to be baptized at the end of the lesson and Pam said yes! She went from not wanting to get involved in our church to accepting the invitation to be baptized! It's a spirit miracle! She's going to come to church next week and we are super excited to be teaching her. She is fantastic and super teachable. 

We've been doing a lot of finding this week. Chasing down potentials and a little bit 'o tracting here and there as the spirit directs. While we were paddling through our potentials, we stopped by a Liberian woman named Jenneh. We're guessing it's pronounced 'Jenna' but I prefer to call her Jenn-eh. It's funner that way. Anyways, so we went and knocked on her door and she answered. She was happy to see us but was busy too. We were able to quickly teach her a little introduction to the book of mormom and the restoration, commit her to read from it and set a return appointment. She is super special. We are meeting with her on Tuesday

Best for last:
We were out cold knocking by Frankford street, Sister cost was not a fan. We knocked a couple, no one answered, someone was rude, someone just declined but thanked us for our time, then a little hispanic lady invited us in! Which I thought was weird because she didn't seem to speak english but I usually do ok with the combination of my broken spanish and their broken english. She insisted that we come in and sit on her couch, I told her her casa was bonita! She tells us she doesn't speak english 100 times so I pull out my handy dandy spanish restoration pamphlet that I carry around for such a time as that! I was super excited cause I thought I was prepared....Then she gets out that she only speaks Portuguese. I'm really glad my mission president hasn't assigned me to learn that language because it's...kookoo. So then this awkward thing happens where she calls her friend who speaks english and chats with her for a bit, then hands the phone to me. I explain who we are and she says that her friend would feel comfortable if we would leave. Super awkward. It's still not clear to me why she invited us in in the first place...either the spirit compelled her to, or its some weird brazilian cuture thing. Strange. So that happened, and I laughed, sister cost didn't think it was very funny though. She's not into the 'I'm a missionary and feel awkward all the time' feeling yet ;). We continued down the street. No positive answers. Sister Cost starts up with a bit of murmuring...no thanks, so I stopped right in my tracks and had a little teaching moment. I told her that no matter how worthless tracting may feel to her, I've met too many people that were 'tracted into' to loose faith in it. I said that the spirit led us to this street for a reason and that we were going to knock it until we found the one. I told her that I had faith that we were going to find someone today and my faith was enough. She didn't seem to pleased with my speech but on we went. 3 doors later we knocked on the door of Roz Hernandez. She was so please to see us and invited us in. Turns out she knew a little bit about us and our religion and had 100 questions. IT was incredible!!! We were able to teach her about the book of mormon, temples, eternal families. prayer and the holy ghost! She is so prepared to receive the gospel! At the end of our lesson she committed to read from the book of mormon and pray about it. Sister Cost said the closing prayer and it was so much filled with the spirit!!! When we left, right as the door closed behind us, she turned to me and said she was sorry for not having the faith to find. I told her it was ok because it was a huge faith building experience for the both of us :) yay for faith. 

Today is the most beautiful day on the planet! It's 70 degrees outside!!!!!!!! I am just over the moon about how warm  it is! I'm not even wearing a coat today. We finally got all unpacked this morning and went for a taco to celebrate. Then we decided it was so nice outside that we were going to have a picnic and my favorite river in the whole world....THE DELAWARE! So we drove just a little bit and found her! Oh my I was so excited to be there I jumped for joy! We saw a tug boat, a US coast guard ship and at least 5 seagulls! I haven't seen Seagulls since I was home!! It was such a beautiful sight! 

Sister Cost is the best best companion. She is so wonderful and we are seriously just like sisters. Here we are now!: 
aren't we just cute!? so so happy. 

We have 2 thanksgiving dinners to attend on thursday, both with hispanic families!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! So yes we are being taken care of :) 
The pennypack ward is super the greatest, we had a ward thanksgiving dinner on saturday and I met Sister Vega! She is the one that is friends with Leon Shwabb....or whatever his name is :) crazy small world, she just came up to me, checked my name tag and gave me a biiigest hug and said "this is from your mom!!!" I was super confused, "Sister Bettilyon??...or my real mom??" hahaha I think she will be at one of our thanksgiving dinners :). 
The He is the Gift thingy is so good! You will love love love the video :). WE are getting special pass along cards to go with it but we've already started with the joy to the world cards (the first presidency wants us passing out 10 a day!) 

OK, times about out on my computer. Love you all. I am thankful for every single one of yous :) LOVE LOVE LOVE<3
Sister B 


us at the delawareeeeee! 

I taught her some object lessons!!! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment