Sunday, March 1, 2015

2/24/15 | Rita's opens this week :) :) :) :)

Well Hello there!!! 

What a week we have haddddddd! Goodness me, where to start...

Tuesday was goooooood :), Sister Cost did all the breaking excersizes and stuffy stuff Elder Jones told her to do and the Mebius's gave us a 'nature light' for winter blues stuff, so I turned that on for excersizes and studies..also I gave sister cost 10,000 iu of Vitamin D (Sister Mebius said that was a good high amount :)) AND IT WORKED! We had a blissful day!!! It snowed 100 (ok just 5) inches but it was warm out. We shoveled the driveway in a jiffy and had the funnest time with it. Sister Cost secretly LOVES service. Dana had us over for lunch and we ended up checking our facebook while we were there. Good thing we did because we saw that the RSP had a pipe break in her garage (service opp #2!!!) We ran to the rescue and it turns out that mostly she just needed someone to talk to about her stress...and also vacuum her house. Check and check! She is a wonderful lady. It would be very hard to be the RSP of this ward! We went to the Christensen's for dinner (favorite humans) and THE funniest thing happened. We had finished eating and were talking for a min when all of the sudden, out of the corner of my eye I see something..."UMMMM, There is a creature in your laundry room.....!" Guess what it was......The cutest, tiniest, baby MOLE! oh it was so cute but unfortunately it scurried away and we didn't catch it. Oh well. ;) 

Wednesday we went on exchanges!!! mmmmmmm I love sister Manson (Spencer, why wont you write her baaaack!?) We had the greatest time together. We ran into a woman named Dawn. She actually didn't want to hear anything that we had to say because "we believe in a different Jesus than her" So we sang her a song and she said she felt bad for us that we didn't have the truth. (uhhhh right back at cha sista) We ended up teaching her about what we actually believe and she accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon. Lovely. That night we taught Damien (THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE PENNYPACK WARD! holla) at the Samaniego's. It went wonderfully. We are taking him to see the Philly temple site tomorrow. Then we went to Elaina's to check on her...and also ended up cleaning her house. (100 service a dayyy!) We also ate an icicle while tracting :). 

Thursday morning we went to the church early because sister manson wanted me to play the piano for her. She wrote me a note later and told me that it was one of the most sacred spiritual experiences on her mission. Music is magic, people. That night we were going into a dinner/lesson with the Stokes family. We were finalizing our lesson plan and we actually had 2 lesson plans we couldn't decide on. We prayed and discussed it. then prayed again and talked some more. Then I just felt prompted that this would be a really good learning experience. So I told sister cost that we would go into the appointment and that I had super faith that she would be prompted by the spirit to know which lesson to go with and I would follow her lead. Bingo. it worked. We taught about forgiveness and testified to them that their efforts are enough and they are doing their best. Mid lesson, Sister stokes said that that was exactly what she needed to hear. She cried and I know the spirit touched their whole family. It was good. 

Saturday:  Snow day. Lame. 
But president gave us permission to use Facebook from our apartments for the day so we would still be able to be productive. It was so good! I was able to teach a lesson to Alex Cost, Sister cost's sister ;). Oh it was good! She needs the gospel so much. other than that we discovered that we have a SPARE BATHROOM in our apt. What the heck is that all about. Strange. also i'm not sure why it took us so long to discover that. Also We hate the nasty Philly water taste (erryone does) So we usually buy water. But we ran out so I just bucked up and have been drinking it....not sister cost though. She was so thrilled that is snowed because she could just eat that instead of drink water. GROSS. But that's what she did alllll dayyyyy. she's still alive though so it must not be poison. 

Damien got confirmed on Sunday! yayyy! I met the coolest visiting people too, the Murphy's. They are from Seattle WA and came out to pick up a BABY!!!! they are adopting a little boy from Trenton NJ. They were cool. WE had a linger longer after churcch (oh by the way NO ONE came to church because of the snow. people out here bbe cray) We taught Tyreese at the menezes and had a very good Sunday. 

MONDAY!
ok so you want to know why we didn't have P day yesterday????? Elder Evans and Elder Allen of the 70 came to roll out the newest phase of missionary work. Yeahhhh buddy, cool stuff is happening and we were the first mission to hear about it ;). Get this: We are doing a "reset" on social media/digital devices. Starting fresh. This past year has been a test run (30 missions trying it all out) and now they are implementing what we learned. We are getting new iPads next week. But we are taking it all very slow. There are three phases. 
1: getting a Mobile device + learning how to use gospel library more effectively
2: focusing on how to be more effective with the area book planner app
3: re-introducing social media

This will all take place as slow or fast as the mission president says. It all depends on how quickly the missionaries involved complete tasks and stuff.
As for me....It just means that I get a new iPad for a couple weeks. and a facebook detox. 

Elder Evans and Elder Allen taught us a lot of really cool things. The only filter that will truly work is the one you personally develop and place on your mind and heart. With this new generation of missionaries going out to the field and learning these important skills, they will come home with life long principles instated. We will be able to raise a generation of children resilient to many things that most adults falter in today. cool cool sstuff. I'm sad I'm missing out on most of it. But I feel very strongly that with the few weeks I have with this new program, if I am diligent in taking to heart it's precepts, I will learn all the things God intends me to learn and take with me home. 

Today is Pday and we are going into the city. :) yayyy. We are going to take a tour of the Masonic Temple (it's not open on monday's so today is our only chance!) I'm super excited. well. I love you all dearly and hope you have a super week and enjoy that warmness happening over there. I've just come to terms with the fact that I will simply not be warm till I am in Utah...and even still I probably wont be warm enough till I'm in teexas to see that squishy baby. :)mmmmmmm. 

LLOOOVEEE,

Sister B


mmmmmmmm My favorite place in the whole world. THE DUHLWERE...it truly
is a river of peace


No comments:

Post a Comment