Monday, May 26, 2014

5/26/14 | Good Morning!

Here's a first: I don't really know what to write about today. How about I share some really good treasures I've found this week. 

Powerful Ideas by Elder Oaks
 
The powerful ideas that he is talking about are the plain and simple truths that really resonate with every human soul and will usher us home. These are the ideas that we need to really study and know so that not only we will be benefited by them but others will learn from us and our example (it literally shines through your face!!! Just ask Sister Dalton). One of the ideas he shared is the fact that "I am a child of God with a spirit lineage to heavenly parents. That parentage defines our eternal potential" This knowledge is "the most powerful antidepressant. < How cool is that?! That made me think of the presentation that the mission doctor and his wife gave at Zone conference a while back. They talked all about the internal pharmacy the Lord has given to us. We just need to know how to tap into it. 

Elder Oaks warns us to stay away from 1: Light-mindedness 2: Idle thoughts 3: Trivial things < These are the things that distract us, side track us and make our eternal perspective become blurred. No one likes a blurry picture. 

Second treasure I found: Finding Joy in Life by Barbara Winder (Dad is this your mission president's wife??) Oct 1987 GC 

There are so many talks on joy and though they are all very good, some of them leave you thinking stuff like, "ok great, I just have to smile more and be happy" But this one is different. In this talk Sister Winder gives us the how to. "Joy, it seems, is not only happiness, but the resultant feeling of the Holy Ghost manifest within us" So then, the way we gain a greater joy is helped through having the spirit more. She says we must create our own spiritual reservoir by.....looks like you're going to have to go read it yourself :) It's really goood! 

We went to Lois and Bears this week for our first real lesson (we've been softening their hearts with service!) We introduced them to the Book of Mormon and testified of it's truth. Bear was so excited he kept exclaiming "it is good! it is good!" (he had a stroke a few years ago, he understands everything very clearly but had a hard time communicating back--this was the most I've heard him talk!) before we even left, he had it open and was reading it very intently. It was such a great moment! 

Morrisville is a lovely place filled with lovely people. I'm sad and happy to be leaving. Sad because of the goodbyes but I know they will be taken care of. Happy because every time you're transferred is a new adventure! and I love adventures. I feel Delaware is calling my name...either that or Northern PA...or Jersey, or Maryland! That would be fun! Love you all to the Moon and back! 

Love, Sister Bailey

PS For the record this transfer was the worst! But I learned so so much!!!! and I'm so grateful for every moment of it. Sister Wright and I are friends and we had a lot of fun this past week. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment